Here are a few tips to help your summer bicycle riding experience be the best it can be!
– Protect your head Wear a helmet
– See and be seen Wear bright fluorescent colors during the day
– Avoid biking at night If riding at night, equip your bicycle with head and tail lights and wear reflective clothing
– Stay alert Keep a lookout for obstacles in your path
– Go with the flow Ride with traffic
– Check for traffic Be aware of traffic around you
– Learn the rules of the road Obey traffic laws
– Assure bicycle readiness Is your bicycle properly adjusted?
– Check brakes before riding your bike
– Check your wheels “Quick release” wheels should be securely fastened